Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Fair




Harrison and I at the rodeo.
The buffalo were part of the rodeo show.



This past week the fair was in town. I think we went almost everyday. The kids absolutely love seeing the animals. Harrison would wake up asking me to take him to see the sheep and goats and he would go to sleep talking about it. We were lucky we had passes to get into the fair everyday and to the main events, otherwise we probably would not have gone as much. On Thursday there was a rodeo, I took both the kids by myself as Tim was stuck at work. We arrived early because I thought it would start sooner than it did. Madeline got bored, so I called my parents who were also at the fair and they came and got her. But Harrison loved the rodeo. The little kids rode on sheep first and then the cowboys rode on the bulls. He enjoyed watching, but did not want to ride on them. Each day we looked at all the animals at least twice. Then when Daddy could finally join us Harrison and Madeline did the rides. They loved them, I'm not so much into them. But then went on them over and over. They had this area inside one of the air-conditioned buildings where they could pick apples, watermelon or corn and find potatoes in the sand. The kids played in there forever, their friend Joshua went with us on one of our many visits to the fair. Tim and I have decided we are going to make a sandbox out of a tire, it was so cute to watch them play.

No comments:

Post a Comment