Friday, April 30, 2010

Harrison learns to ride a two wheel bike!!!


A very proud moment for me! My 4 year old set his mind that he was going to ride his bike without training wheels.  We had gone out on a bike ride as a family on Sunday night.  When we got home I asked Harrison if he wanted to try without his training wheels and he said yes.  We tried, but it was late and I tried to keep him on the sidewalk, which was difficult. The next morning we had to take Daddy to the airport as soon as we got home from dropping Daddy off, Harrison was ready to learn how to ride his bike.  I was thinking this was something we might be close to learning by the end of the week to show Dad when he got home, but Harrison was determined and within an hour he had it down.  He could ride his bike without me helping him!!!  Now it was a bad time for the cars and trash cans on the street, but Harrison didn't care he kept going.  The most surprising thing, he didn't want to tell his Dad he wanted to keep it a secret all week.  And he did!  He made sure that we did not tell him.  He called a lot of people to tell them he could ride his bike, but he wanted to surprise his Dad when he got home. A very proud mom I am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment